East Valley SELPA Steering Committee
The East Valley SELPA Steering Committee is composed of the special education administrators of each participating member district of the EV SELPA, the area director of the East Valley Operations of the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools Office and the administration team of the EV SELPA. The district and county special education administrators are responsible as individuals for the operation of their special education programs to ensure that all eligible children with disabilities receive appropriate services.
Responsibilities of the Steering Committee include:
- Collaborating with the EVV SELPA Administrator regarding the status, accomplishments and needs of special education programs operated within each school district;
- Providing leadership and support through inter-district relationships to implement the EV SELPA Local Plan, including any regionalized programs and services;
- Coordinating and facilitating the day to day responsibiities of district special education personnel and utilizing other available district resources to improve special education services in accordance with the provisions of the EV SELPA Local Plan and decisions made by the Board of Directors.
- Participating in the development of appropriate special education services which will ensure that when specified in the pupil’s IEP, children with disabilities will have access to the same education programs as for non-disabled children; and programs and services will be equivalent to those of non-disabled children at the same grade/age level.
- Assuring their local education agency’s implementation of the East Valley SELPA Local and Fiscal Allocation Plans.
The 2020-2021 EV SELPA Steering Committee members include:
Dr. Patty Metheny, Administrator - East Valley SELPA & Facilitator of the Committee
Mr. Rob Pearson, Director Pupil Personnel Services - Colton Joint Unified School District
Ms. Patti Buchmiller, Executive Director Special Services - Redlands Unified School District
Ms. Bridgette Ealy, Lead Special Services Agent - Rialto Unified School District
Mr. Derek Swem, Director Student Services - Rim of the World Unified School District
Mr. Scott Wyatt, Area Director - San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools East Valley Operations
Mr. Jim Stolze, Executive Director Student Services - Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District
Ms. Anne-Marie Foley, Program Manager Regional Services - East Valley SELPA
Dr. Rick Homutoff, Program Manager Due Process - East Valley SELPA
Ms. Andrea Tennyson, Fiscal Consultant - East Valley SELPA
Ms. Rosalva Contreras, Administrative Assistant - East Valley SELPA